Sunday, January 27, 2013

Change.

I started the new year armed with my Word of the year - ideas - and the best of intentions. I would post regularly - on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I would show new stuff I had made on Fridays, textures and patterns on Wednesdays and leave Mondays for links to articles/books I have read and other interesting references. I would religiously add meaningful labels to each post to make them easier for me to find later. In fact, I was going to go through all my posts for the past three years and give them labels.
Well.
I have not posted regularly, nor on the days I planned to, I have not stuck to my categories, and I have certainly not added labels.
What can I say? Things change.

Here are a few things I made some time ago, that have also changed. I am not going to expect you to spot the differences, since the originals will be hard to find because .... there are no labels on my posts. 
New backing fabric - still have to add edging.

































Threaded differently.

Stitched over hand-embroidered letters with machine. 






















Bleached 'solid' doily to get lacy effect.

Do you also change things long after you have made them?

3 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

To paraphrase Robert Burns, the best laid plans often go wrong!! I didn't make any resolutions, so that I ccan't beat myself up for not keeping them - I now just have intentions, which leave me some wriggle-room!!

Leenie said...

Just like it says, "A good traveler has no fixed plans." Your blog is a great one. No reason to mess with a good thing.

Linda Sue said...

"no fixed Plans" FAVORITE! and that is life- just one day of (?) after the next in a birdfull cheerfull manner! Love the indigo doiley with spots- that is WAY cool!I usually don't mess with things after I think that I have finished with them, although if I am not entirely pleased I will mess...or toss. Sometimes I have to put on the brakes- when enough is enough, it's difficult to know.
I really must use your loo- be right there...