Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Crocheted legwarmer.






























Yes, I completely agree with you. This does not look like a legwarmer. It is meant to form a rectangle (slightly shaped) which you then sew up to form the legwarmer. But after three rows I stopped. I mean, any fool can see that this is never going to become a slightly shaped rectangle, can't they? Or a legwarmer.

I promise that I followed the pattern (which I saw in a local magazine) faithfully, Okay, I admit, not completely faithfully. I didn't use the right yarn, and I did not use the correct size crochet hook. And I have to confess to having been too lazy to fetch my glasses while I was crocheting away, so I may not always have inserted the hook into the third chain, as instructed. And I wasn't too sure of what dc and tr meant but I think I eventually got it right after I googled. Unfortunately I had already done a few before I googled, and I was too lazy to start from scratch. Whatever.

If  I am going to have to follow the RULES all the time, where is the fun, I ask you?

So I sewed it onto the neckline of an old T-shirt.



























I might wear it. But I don't think I should tell people that it used to be the first three rows of a legwarmer.

4 comments:

Leenie said...

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."--Katherine Hepburn

And what you did with your "legwarmer" is most certainly fun.

Le 'usband said...

L'usband saw the whole process and is still in stitches ...

Luzanne said...

Looks great!

Denise Kiggan said...

Ha ha! I love your ingenuity! A pretty T-shirt with a very interesting story :-)