Thursday, December 26, 2013

Xmas tree.

I made this year's tree from white plastic bottle tops which I prestikked onto the wall.

































I then printed out teeny pictures of family and friends and stuck them on the inside of the bottle tops.

































The very top of the tree is one of those transparent plastic bubbles which you find on detergent bottles. I put a small battery-operated candle inside.

Somehow this year the festive season made me feel sad and melancholic ... but I think my tree is a pretty nice idea when you have to celebrate Xmas without so many of your family and friends ...

5 comments:

Linda Sue said...

I am totally in love with your tree idea, SO COOL! I also agree that for some reason this has not been the best christmas emotionally. Many reasons I guess but just not feeling it this year. Snous is a good guard of the presents! No body will get past her! Much love to you from both Dexter and his Mrs.

Tana Goosen said...

Wat 'n wonderlike oorspronklike idee, net my Snuzi wat so iets kan uit dink! Baie, baie oulik! Ja, die Kersfees het my ook ietwat melancholies laat voel!

Sarah said...

Love the tree. I may steal that idea for some kind of display at school as it is great recycling and also looks good and means something. Sorry to hear that Christmas has not been that happy this year. Hope the new year improves things!

Eileen Black said...

That's a great way to have family and friends around for Christmas even when they can't come by in person. As always your creativity is so unique and amazing. Here's good wishes for a 2014 full of joy and adventure.

Denise Kiggan said...

This is wonderful' Simplisitc, symbolic and so clever!