Tuesday, April 1, 2014

More salad, please.

Time for a few salads, I think. I  try to eat one large salad a day, and to feed my habit, have started planting my own lettuce, with varying degrees of success. The current batch is doing well, and has already provided me with the basis of a few lunches.
Salad leaves, just picked ...
































Salad leaves with roast butternut, feta, radish, apple, cucumber, croutons, slivered almonds and linseeds.
Have I posted this one before? Can't remember ... Salad leaves with pear slices, cucumber, croutons and grated parmesan cheese.
Now go forth and eat ye some salads ...

5 comments:

lanadraw said...

Delish, Anairam! Each one a mini-artwork in the making. Looking forward to seeing what you do with Le Radishes! xx

Leenie B said...

Thanks for the creative ideas! I get so stuck making the same tossed salad with the usual vegetables. I'm going to have to give those dishes a try. I'm making a shopping list right now.

Leenie B said...

In answer to your question on my blog: The star flare isn't as tricky as it looks. Just buy a star filter, screw it on over whatever size lens you have and, Voila! flares on every bright light in the frame. However, you need to be working with some kind of camera that can take a filter. That's why I still cart around my big Nikon when there are so many phone cameras and tiny digital ones available.

Linda Sue said...

My dearest madam, No matter what you shall never ever lose me as a devoted fan !Climate change is what it is, the earth changes every billion or so years and this certain extinction will be it's sixth. And yes the pole either end are melting, the sea is rising the desserts are desserty, just is what it is.The earth is shifting and the universe is expanding and in another billion or so years there will be no night sky twinkling full os stars. So, What I guess I feel is that it is counter productive for me to get all tied up in knots over the crap humans spew, I have nothing to do with it, just along for the ride. Thanks for your thoughtful comment on bloggishness, there is nothing to fear, change is certain- fill this one life with as many puppies as you can handle and smell the blossoms, the sea breeze and all that is right in this world at the moment. Live your little life well , that is all we can do. AND I love salad!

Tana Goosen said...

Hmm... lyk heerlik, baie oorspronklike idees vir gesonde slaai!