Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Good Breakfast

I had to go in to town for work yesterday, and as I was quite early, I stopped off at Lupo's in Wynberg's Chelsea Village - one of my favourite spots for breakfast or lunch. I also really like the interior style - a sort of vintage French look. Here are some of the reasons I like them -

The beautiful prints against the walls and this little table in the entranceway ...

They always have fresh flowers and newspapers ...

The sunlight streams in through big windows which open up right onto the pavement, allowing you to feel as though you are sitting outside, without the inconveniences of sitting outside...

Each table is beautifully set with flowers, sparkly glasses and huge napkins - cloth napkins!)

These letters on the wall ... exhorting you to eat ...
And although it has a really upmarket look and feel, the prices are very reasonable, and the food is really good. The food .... oh, rats, I knew I forgot something ...

7 comments:

kendalee said...

Oh that really invites one in doesn't it? So light and fresh, yet with a luxurious edge... Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

The place seems beautiful, fresh and warm!!!

Mary-Laure said...

A divine bouquet always makes a place look more inviting...

Anonymous said...

Love the restaurant. What else is there in Chelsea Village?

Anairam said...

kendalee - It is a lovely place and when you next visit we must go. Wynberg's Chelsea area is so lovely - lots of great little shops and nooks and crannies
karina - Oh, I love spoiling myself with a brekkie (local slang for "a little breakfast") at Lupo's especially when I have to work in the area ...
mary-laure - I agree - and I was inspired by the white flowers to buy myself a bunch of white watsonias to take home!
anonymous - A few little galleries, pub/winebar, framing shops, a lovely boutique called Orchid (they also have a divine coffeeshop at the back), Anna G Design - an interiors shop with lovely stuff - I got two large glass canisters there on Friday, and quite a few "antique" furniture places, hair salon & spa etc. etc.

Denise Kiggan said...

This makes me want to go! What an inviting place! I will have to add it to my Places-to-visit-when-next-in-Cape-Town list!

Anairam said...

freshlyfound - I love to make lists of places I see in magazines - with the idea to visit them when I am in that city/town - Durban has got quite a few great spots - but my last visit to Durban was, I blush to say, 32 years ago!