Monday, October 6, 2008

What I saw this weekend ...

I saw these flowers walking down to the carboot sale ... (It goes without saying that I was the one doing the walking, not the flowers, although, if flowers had legs, they could have walked, and if they knew about the joys of carboot sales they positively would have run ...)

And we went for breakfast at coco bean in Noordhoek, where I saw my favourite staffie, aptly named Coco ...

Nextdoor is the Oshun Spa which is, well, a spa, but they also sell beautiful garden sculptures and water features and I saw this Buddha ...

Then I saw this beautiful chandelier at the Chocolate Moose (which oddly enough, doesn't sell chocolates, apart from a few cupcakes and brownies) ...

And then I went to the garden centre where I saw some stones (which I bought, obviously) and made this on our (rather sad-looking, despite all the rain we've had) front lawn.
(I was inspired by lovely kendalee of Dance of A Painted Lady - her gorgeous post about spirals can be found here)

6 comments:

evencleveland said...

I wish I could go for a walk in your neighborhood ... it seems to be full of the most wonderful things.

(and I love the lawn spiral - when I was in Italy, I saw patios all over the place where the stones were inlaid in swirls and patterns. Lovely.)

kendalee said...

Oh I LOVE that red glass chandelier! And who could resist a staffie called Coco with a cute face like that? How exciting and lovely that you were inspired to create your beautiful lawn spiral by something I posted... I love it! Rock spirals rock!

Denise Kiggan said...

I love your adorned lawn! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Noordhoek is so 'n pragtige plek en ek kan net dink hoe lekker mens daar kan rondloop. Ek hou van jou foto's

Anairam said...

stephanie - I love where I live, I really do! But just round the corner from where I took these photos, is also extreme poverty. At a main intersection near our home there sometimes are up to 40 young men looking for work in the mornings, hoping someone will pick them up for a day's labour. I live in a beautiful country that suffers from multiple-personality disorder...
kendalee - Oh, I agree about the chandelier, if only our ceilings were higher! I so love the spirally links you sent on!
freshly found - Well, this is the only adornment that I am prepared to do outside - I unfortunately have no skill or aptitude for gardening. If we could gravel up the entire garden, I would gladly do so! (I must say, I quite like the idea of a Japanese-inspired gravel garden, with me just now and then slowly raking the stones, dressed perhaps in a kimono ...)
sandra - Dankie dat jy kom inloer het! Ja, Noordhoek is inderdaad 'n pragtige area!

Muriel said...

Wow jou blog is vol inspirasie! Ek is so bly ek het die link gevolg van Eilandkind, ek gaan nog baie hier kom inloer!!!