Monday, August 4, 2008

Let them eat cake ...

I am thinking about food quite a lot today. Maybe because Le Husband has just baked a wonderful brown bread and the aroma is filling the house. (And maybe because I am trying very hard not to be tempted. I've already had my salad. Sigh.) So no wonder that this photoshoot in Let Them Eat Cake magazine caught my eye. How cute is this - iced cookies (we call them biscuits in SA, but nevermind) in the shape of fashionable accessories ...

The Alice Bag by Stuart Vevers for House of Holland


Pink violin necklace by Viktor and Rolf


Yellow and black striped boots by Noki


Star necklace by Yves Saint Laurent

All baked by Katy Lassen and iced and photographed by Annie Collinge.
Here are the inedible ones (except for the Alice bag, which I couldn't find. Perhaps somebody ate it):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Le 'usband says "man cannot live by bread alone - man also needs la Femme (and a bit of jam)"

Anairam said...

anairam - Oh dear, Le 'usband sounds deprived. Perhaps Le Husband also needs La Salad!

Jessie Cacciola said...

cute cakes! i used to get animal shaped ones when i was little. xo