Friday, August 1, 2008

A Little List

Maybe it should be a Little Listless ... On the other hand, I did complete one item on last week's list, and started the two others, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself. This week I was working on three projects, with two of them (proofreading a geography text and a resubmissions project) having tight deadlines. So, not much time or energy for creative endeavour...

1. The jelly happened. A tri-colour one - red, yellow and green. Which would have been perfect for a party in Druskininkai perhaps. I have learnt one thing though - use no more than half the water recommended on the package. Because if you make it in a mould, and you turn it out on a plate like I did, it wobbles, and quivers nervously, and then starts sagging over the edges of the plate ...

2. The tiny act of activism is in the process of happening. Oh, it is probably not correct to call it an act of activism. It involves sharks. And a wonderful quote from Turtle Diary. But I have to finish the poster first - I started yesterday:
3. The new journal. I have decided to use this old book (bought for R5 at our local library bookshop) - I really love the cover, which is slightly torn. I hope to make my first entry this weekend! Info required: If I'm going to be pasting in pictures, do I need to remove some pages so the whole thing doesn't become too thick? And what is the best way to do it?

Have a lovely weekend, darlings! I will be attending a carboot sale. And watching for whales.

5 comments:

please sir said...

Just found your blog and love it - have a great weekend too!

evencleveland said...

That jelly is MARVELOUS!

Anairam said...

please sir - Oh, thank you! (I am already having a great weekend, rain outside, a fire, DVDs and chocolate cupcakes!)
stephanie - I am so glad you like the jelly, Le Husband and I just finished the last of it tonight!

kendalee said...

What a great book for a journal Anairam - I love the worn feeling and the picture on the cover! I have removed individual pages or whole signatures from a book - around the stitching if necessary - by cutting them out with a scalpel or craft knife. It does help to stop the book swelling too much when you stick things into it, although sometimes I quite like that overstuffed, bursting out of the covers effect too. Hope you have fun with it!

Anairam said...

kendalee - Thanks for the advice about the journal pages. (I made one teeny entry this weekend. I am so afraid of doing something that will mess it up. I guess I must stop being so precious about it ...)