Friday, April 8, 2011

The Necklace.

I made this necklace from fabric bits, added a bit of embroidery and buttons and an Indian bead, and punched out a tag for it, which says  "memory". (Boy, I am having such fun with that letterpunch set!) The string was crocheted painstakingly and took me ages to do. Well, okay, that is not quite true, but I like to exaggerate a little.
Have a great weekend, everyone! (I think you should put on a necklace and go out. You should probably also have a glass of bubbly but that is just a suggestion.)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the mix of elements in your necklace. Yes I think we should all put on a necklace and go out!

annekata said...

Love your necklace and the letter punch set. Dinner will be out, as our kitchen is a mess. I'll wear a necklace and have a glass of bubbly!

Denise Kiggan said...

It's beautiful!
Yay for coming to Durbs
;-)

Leenie said...

Unique and remarkable! How creative you are Anairam.

I'm going to have to go OUT soon or start banging my head against a wall. I feel okay, but the weather is still so cold and rotten that it takes all the fun out of going.

Have a great weekend!

nathalie et cetera said...

i think you're right. i'll put on the necklace on won here in a giveaway and go out get som bubbly :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't put on a necklace - but I always have my gold chain round my neck ..... and I did have a glass of bubbly!!

Nicky Linzey said...

Beautiful necklace and great suggestion!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented, Ms Anairam! Lovely and so is your book above ;)... been too busy writing to update my own blog but am inspired by yours to do so soon! Off to Italy in May with my sisters... kannie glo nie. Lots of love. L

arcadia said...

Ha! Ek is ook skuldig aan exaggeration. En daai sjampanje klink nou net heerlik.