Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Frill.

I saw this yarn some time ago and I really liked the combination of colours (although the acrylicness of it was a bit off-putting). Anyway, I eventually bought myself a ball as I was intrigued as to how to knit with it. The shop assistant told me to simply use 8 of the loops as "cast-on" stitches, and then to continue knitting through the loops.

























I didn't realize I was going to end up with a frilly scarf!

























 I am not a frilly person (despite my recent obsession with frilly hyperbolic geometric crochet models). No, I am much more a Woman of Wonk. So wearing it is out, as far as I am concerned. I don't want to look as though I have got a huge strand of kelp or some other demented sea creature around my neck. Maybe I can use it to decorate a cushion cover? Or around the edge of one of my handmade vessels? Hmmm, tough one ...

1 comment:

Leenie said...

Looks like beautiful blue seaweed to me. Most certainly worthy of any hyperbolic geometric crochet installation.

Thanks for the link to that TED talk by the way. I've watched several times and showed it to my DIL who crochets many, many hats to be sold in boutiques.