Friday, February 8, 2013

The Games We Play.

Here are the proofs of my first two drypoint etchings from my printmaking course. While I am learning the process - the scratching, lettering backwards, shading with sandpaper, filing the plate, inking up, and so on, I want to keep things simple, so I decided on a noughts and crosses game for my very first print.


I then decided to expand this into a series of pen-and-paper childhood games - hangman, magic squares, sprout, battle ships, dots and boxes. My teacher suggested that  at the end of my project I make a box to keep my compendium of prints - a brilliant idea!







































When I have completed all 6 plates, I want to try and use the chine-collé technique to add a bit of colour  (red, I think) to the prints.

I am really, really excited about this!

3 comments:

Leenie said...

A new creative adventure! Etching is something I've only heard about. It looks like a fun new craft. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL A/M!!!!!!! So looking forward to seeing more of your etchings... Lovely, lovely!

Colleen Ross Brand said...

They are looking lovely. what a brilliant beginning.
Thank you for the link to my webpage.
See you next Friday.