Sunday, June 30, 2013

A genius baby.

I recently acquired this work - a collaboration between artists Colleen Ross and Rae Goosen. Originally part of a larger installation work consisting of one hundred babies, this specific baby has the text: "the very nature of genius doesn't allow access" and "o yeah?" and "wow, what's that mean?" on its body. It comes with a perspex etched plate containing the words "Access me" and a small concertina-folded dry point etching of a ballerina. I decided to install it in a box frame which works well, don't you think? It has become one of my most cherished pieces ...

































For more pictures of the installation, see here.

2 comments:

Linda Sue said...

What a perfect frame for this cute but puzzling baby and her folded up friend. Very cool, Madam Genius!

Leenie said...

Nice acquisition. And I do like the box frame. If the first statement is true: "the very nature of genius doesn't allow access" I'm glad I'm not a genius. But I think one of the geniuses of the piece is the boldness to question such an arrogant statement.