Monday, May 2, 2011

Waiting.

I am waiting for the translator to send the first modules of the last book. I am waiting for the courier to bring the last changes to  the second book. I am waiting for the typesetter to send me the first pages of the first modules of the middle book.

A lot of waiting, and the best thing to do while waiting is bake cookies. (Here we call them biscuits, but nevermind.) I had a tub of creme fraiche close to its Use By date so I baked some sour cream cookies. Got the recipe off the Internet (here). Jeez, American recipes use a load of sugar and butter! I decreased the amounts somewhat.






















What is better than a tin full of freshly baked cookies?






















Not much, I think!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the going gets tough, the tough bake cookies - sounds good to me!!

Sarah said...

We call them biscuits too! They sound good. I like your Japan page below too.
The legwarmers are my own pattern and very easy.
I used Debbie Bliss Tweed Arran-no idea what thickness but it is kind of medium looking-sorry I am not really a knitter!
I used size 6mm needles.
Cast on 36 stitches, knit two rows,
Knit one, purl one ten rows, knit two, purl two 50 rows, knit one purl one 20 rows, cast off. I then sewed them up. I can knit in the round with my circular needles but I find it a pain and it worked ok to sew them up. There you have it!
The resin was a lot of fun-though messy as I said. I would love to make jewellery too but need to look into that as don't know where to start!

Leenie said...

Hope you have lots of waiting time. Your certainly deserve a break and some moments to do some cookie baking. You're right about the huge amount of sugar in American food products. (No wonder we are a nation of wide loads.)

Biscuits to me are the fluffy round bread things made with baking powder to be eaten with honey and butter for breakfast. But I'll take either kind!

Elizabeth said...

Delicious!

Deniz said...

hhhmmm!
what a nice way to spend the waiting time

arcadia said...

Ag, lekker man!

nathalie et cetera said...

mmm! looks good!!!!