Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Monoprint.

I squeezed in a monoprint workshop before work started in earnest. The workshop was taught by sculptor Andre Stead, and it was (as usual, when I'm learning anything new and exciting) great fun. Rolling out the ink, positioning the paper, making the drawing - either on the back of the paper or in the ink itself - and then that final dramatic peeling off of the paper to see the resultant image.  Here are a few of my efforts:
Girl with bird


































Lady with Big Hips



































Nerdy Guy with Glasses (and half a bird, hahaha)

























5 comments:

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

I remember doing this in school!! Great fun!! Your creations are wonderful. : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Linda Sue said...

Lady with big hips is awesome! My friend makes mono prints by painting on glass and turning it down on paper a fast process before the paint dries.

nathalie et cetera said...

This is such a great technique! I learned it in a mix media class. When I am done, I lift off the remaining paint on a paper by placing the paper on the inked surface and using the roll. You can do this many times. It makes great textured paper to draw on.

kendalee said...

Lovely! Lady with big hips is expecially fab. I am envious of hips. And the curvy bottoms that tend to go with them.

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! Were you thinking of me when you did the lady with the big hips!