Monday, August 30, 2010

New Acquisitions #12

This is my worst kind of buying - Buying Because it is a Bargain.















Over the last few months the little stationery shop in Simon's Town has been selling off its old stock at ridiculous prices. I mean, they were practically giving the stuff away! R1 (that is roughly 70 US cents) for a box with eighty A5 plastic sleeves. What a bargain!

Do I need eighty A5 sleeves? Not really, but they could come in pretty handy, I guess. I also got 104 photo corners for R1. What a bargain! I have no idea what I will do with them; my photo prints are already filed in photo albums; these days I use a digital camera and store everything digitally anyway. Parker and Sheaffer rollerball refills at R1 each. What a bargain! I do not have Parker or Sheaffer pens, but who cares. I have already decided the inners themselves make pretty handy little pens for one's handbag. Cash register paper rolls at R1 each. What a bargain! I have no cash register ( nor do I have any cash, actually), but I just love paper in all its forms. I suppose I could do something creative with them. A plastic PUSH sign for R1. What a bargain! Now this one I actually bought with a purpose. I am going to stick it on a door that you have to pull. Hehehehehe.

4 comments:

Linda Sue said...

The photo corners are very useful- you can attach art to a card- removable in case the recipient wants to take it our and frame it.Also good for fake photos that you may want to create...Bargains! Who can walk by them? Mr. man came home with several metal gadgets for measuring oil wells...we do not have an oil well but the price was right...free. I look in the garage and it is packed to the top with possibilities and maybe later's...but damned if I can find a screw driver.

Anonymous said...

Yay for ingenuity...
How about turning the roll of paper into an accordion or a scroll type journal....then a lot of the stuff you can use in them, like the photo corners.
XOXOrly

Anonymous said...

I can't resist a bargain either - I'm always sure I'll use the stuff eventually! You could use the paper to make tiny books for yoyr dolls. And I always knew you were subversive - are you going to hide and film the people who push instead of pull??!!

Denise Kiggan said...

LOVE it!