Friday, November 4, 2011

New journal.

I made myself a new journal with a hand-stitched binding  -  using watercolour paper, cardboard for the covers, and the same beautiful cover paper that I used for my triangular book.



























I had a problem with tearing the watercolour paper - one is supposed to wet the folds and then tear, and I wetted and wetted and wetted, but the tearing did not work very well ...


























But I will have fun filling it up.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I am almost, almost done with my second Maths project. Woohoo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely book - I love the cover. Have fun filling it with all your beautiful work!

Leenie said...

Super book super cover. When you finish it I know it will be a treasure. I need a watercolor journal that won't intimidate me. I have a very nice moleskine one but I'm afraid to mess it up. Maybe I should take your ideas and make one from scraps of other projects.

Sarah said...

That is lovely! Did you really press the folds of your paper before tearing? I like using a paper knife to do the tearing bit too-though I suppose technically that is no longer tearing!