Okay, so this is how the story ends:
I had to make her face shorter so I cut off part off the head, which meant that I also had to remove the hair. I had to make her face wider so I used the section that I had intended for the hair on the side of her face as part of the cheeks. I had to make her neck thicker so I inserted panels on the side of her neck. I had to make the neck shorter so I took in about an inch of fabric on the neck. Then I had to cover the head because I couldn't face sewing all the hair back on, plus there was no space left to sew on hair except at the back of her head. So I made her a headscarf, a Russian-peasant-kind-of look. Then it looked too bland so I stamped the headscarf with fabric paint and a cork. But then the headscarf looked a bit funny - there was nothing to tie in with it. So I made her boobs spotty too. At this stage I have only pinned on the spots; I wasn't sure I would like them so I didn't want to stamp directly onto the fabric.
So there you have it - a spotty-breasted Russian bird.
Tell Me How the Story Ends (a fabric bust by Anairam, hand-stitched and embroidered on rooibos-dyed cotton, hand-stamped.)