Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vessel #12.

I made this vase at the same time as the bowl. But whereas the sticker experiment failed charmingly on the bowl, the vase had a less happy outcome. Some of the circles chipped off completely in the kiln, others broke off unevenly, and some didn't come off at all. So I painted on dots. I am not quite happy with it yet - it might go through another reincarnation. Perhaps I will use my stash of rusty washers that I pick up on my walks and glue them on. Perhaps I will crochet around it. Perhaps I will let it drop accidentally.

3 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

AAAAHHHH! Don't drop it! I love it! In fact, that vessel series is getting better and better!

Linda Sue said...

NONONO this one is my favorite! I LOVE this it looks like mud cloth and is SOOOO beautiful! I would leave it as is -it is perfect! It is a happy accident and Really gorgeous! Sit! Stay!

aimee said...

I hope you are going to have a Vessel show at the end of this series... I am loving it!