Friday, May 17, 2013

The Games We Play - book.

I printed the Games We Play series on handmade (by moi) paper and bound it into a simple book - concertina spine structure with pages sewn in. I covered it with a textured and fibrous paper with a lovely rough deckle - I dyed it to try and match the look of the etchings. I also dyed the thread that I used to stitch the pages. I must still do the title on the front page and the colophon. I have practised stencilling and stamping the title - neither really looks right - so I am now wondering whether I should make an etching with the title and then attach it to the front somehow ... What do you think?






2 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Oh wow! That is one fine piece of art work, Dearest Madam . I like your idea of doing another etching for the cover, It is such a stunning work. You have a great deal of patience and attention to detail! I have...glue.
Dexter and Cubby send wags. xxoo

Leenie said...

I really like the look of your book so far. I like the natural colors and the deckled edges. The etching cover sounds great. I hope you can figure out a way to make it work.