Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Midsummer's Picnic in Winter!

Kendalee of Dance of a Painted Lady is hosting a delightful Midsummer's Picnic - go have a look and join in the fun and celebrations!

As there are few flowers in my garden at this time of year, I have decided to bring the orchid along which a friend gave me for my birthday - it is standing in my sun room where it is protected from the icy winter rain.

For food - a lovely salad that I prepared - wild rocket leaves, half an avocado, small chopped apple, a third of a tin of whole kernel corn, some black pepper feta cheese, and dry roasted pumpkin seeds, drizzled with lemon-infused avocado oil, extra lemon juice and a few twists of sea salt and black pepper. (Those of you who know me, will know that I love salads & make one every day for lunch - even in the mid of winter!)

Oh dear, sorry. I was hoping to put on a flowery dress, but it is freezing today - I quickly took this pic in the bathroom, and yes, I do wear the ankle length coat, woollen hat, scarf and Dickens mitts in my house!

Oh, I'm loving to see what everyone else is wearing, the beautiful flowers, and the food! And there is bubbly! Thanks for the invite, dear Kendalee - I'm having a great time!

16 comments:

kendalee said...

Yay! So glad that you could make it and how arty and mysterious you look! Sorry that it's cold but the company's warm and I hope the bubbly will help with that too. There's plenty so let me top up your glass... ;) That salad sounds delicious - can't wait to try it! And orchids... so sophisticated - thank you! xo

eilandkind/islandchild said...

I have to try one of your salads soon, they look delicious!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

I will definitely have a go at you salad - looks delicious! Hopefully you will be able to take off your woolens once you get to the picnic!

Nenslens said...

Great self-portrait! and the salad looks delicious!

Sarah said...

I love your outfit! The salad looks lovely, I love salads with litle crunchy bits and pieces in them. Beautiful orchid too. Hope it warms up a bit soon!

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Ah - midsummer on the other side of the planet! Your outfit is the opposite of mine ... I enjoy every day without socks ...

Anne said...

I've just read Sarah's post on her picnic - it all sounds lots of fun!

●• Thereza said...

hello you!!! is it that cold out there???

aimee said...

you look so cold, poor thing... come here! it is a hundred degrees! (fahrenheit, that is.)

Linda Sue said...

YUMMY!
I do like your outfit- We tend to wear that same outfit all year 'round up here- today we are back to it- rain cold dark...ARRRRRGHHHH! I had a good wait at the car hospital today- will post it tomorrow and show you how to make interesting looking paper- IT'S MAJIC!
(Your pkg should be arriving soon- if not, I would check the neighbor's house, I don't trust him...)

Anonymous said...

the salad looks delicious! glad you came, in whatever attire, to the picnic!

Denise Kiggan said...

Just love your creative photo shoot! [I think I can feel some of that Cape iciness here this morning.] The picnic was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Ana, Your blog is beautiful and very lively..I am so happy you discvovered me so I can discover you...I will add you on my blogroll so I'll be able to visit you easily..I love your images and words..Thanks for visiting me on my blog and leaving warm and kind words...

Lady P said...

you must be having a good chill in the house - just look at you!! I have a whole collection of wooly scarves and it looks like you would get much good use out of them, if you were a wee bit closer.....

Sandy K. said...

The salad looks delicious, the flower is gorgeous...and you look cold! I don't do well in cold weather, so I shall enjoy this wonderful summer for you:).

Renee said...

The salad looks delicious.

I happened to be walking out that day and banged into the picnic. So I just crashed and had a cup of tea.

I was very welcomed because it is such an awesome group of ladies.

Love Renee xoxo