- Clothes cupboard and shelves - got rid of two bags. It would have been more, but I did the clothing exercise twice last year.
- Photos on computer - I worked my way through hundreds of digital pics, organising them into meaningful (I hope) folders. A few duds were deleted, but I still have loads of below-par pictures. I should spend more time in deciding which to keep, and which to dump - maybe next week.
- Top of my desk - I didn't really get rid of anything except for a few pens that don't work anymore, but I did reorganise to make better space for my laptop, scanner, and writing/drawing materials.
- Sock and tights bags - got rid of a bagful, put some aside for mending, and reorganised.
- Envelopes - I have a bad habit of keeping envelopes that people send me (with their return addresses) so that I can contact them again. I made a list of addresses I wanted to keep, retained the envelopes that are reusable, and got rid of the others.
- And the piece de resistance of this little list. Yes, dear friends, get ready to congratulate me. Especially those of you who know of my sad addiction to paper towel and toilet paper inners. I got rid of them. It took a lot of courage though. As the local recycling run takes place on a Tuesday only, the enormous bag is still down in the garage. I am fighting the urge to go down and save a few as we speak ...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Reduce Clutter - Create Space - Update
As you may have seen on my sidebar, I have been following Shannon's inspirational lead in getting rid of clutter and creating space. This is what I have done so far: