Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Embroider!

I had such fun today at Blossom's embroidery workshop! I learned to do a chain stitch, a daisy, french knots, outline stitch and another stitch which is done by plain stitching and then weaving through a contrasting colour yarn. So here is my very first pillow slip effort ...

I haven't finished all the daisies and french knots yet, but I wanted to show you right away - I'm rather proud of it! Especially since I made the same mistake four times - sewing the inside flap to the front, and had to undo several bits. Several times. Duh.

When we started we were asked to pick three different colours of thread ... everyone went for the bright colours - oranges, reds, pinks and purples. What did I choose? Black and grey. (I had to be persuaded to add a bit of colour, so I chose red. That was a good choice, I think.)

6 comments:

kendalee said...

Wow, this looks great Anairam! And how lovely to come away with something that you can actually use and enjoy almost immediately - that's my kinda course. I do think the red adds a certain something and I love the sophistication of your colour choice and design - very stylish! I envisage all sorts of lovely sewing projects appearing for us to marvel at now...

Denise Kiggan said...

Lovely stuff! Looking forward to this embroidery adventure with you!

Sarah said...

Great colour choices I'd say! I love chain stitch-but I have to really think about it to get it right! It's so funny that you kept repeating your mistake-I do that-but it is how we learn so there!
I look forward to seeing future embroidery.

aimee said...

i love your colors! the red made it pop - nice choice!

svetlana said...

This is Svetlana! Can you believe! I was away doing the secret work but not embroidery. My goverment send me to your country for the big party on Saturday for the new President. But we will not be in cape Town but in small village which they call Tswane I think. My party dress is also black and grey and now you inspiring me to put on daisys!How nice!

My Castle in Spain said...

This is cool Anairam ! i wish i had the patience for embroidery...
keep going !
:-)