Friday, May 22, 2009
Wine with Purple Feet ...
1. The wine I guess is more red than purple, but I so wanted to use the line from Neruda's poem as my title!
2. Lavender in my garden - right next to the front door.
3. One of my favourite visually inspiring books - Christian Lacroix's Diary of a Collection.
4. Purple gauzy shoulder bag from Sweden - a gift from my sister.
5. One of my favourite rings - purple unpolished amethyst and silver - bought in Buenos Aires.
6. Those who know the story of my Purple Triffid will be relieved to see that I have toned it down and made it more socially acceptable by folding over the scary pointy leaves and sewing them down.
7. Lilac Greta Garbo hat all the way from Sweden - also a gift from my darling sister. (I am wearing it tonight to a play at the Masque Theatre.)
8. Mohair wrap given to me by L'Usband - from Prince Albert in the Karoo (the wrap, not the husband).
9. Little flower in my garden - no idea what it is but I call it the buddha flower because it grows near one of my buddhas ...
Have a great, wild and passionate purple weekend, dears! Drink a glass of purpley wine. Be happy. xxx Anairam
(Title from Ode to Wine by Pablo Neruda)