Sunday, February 22, 2009

T-A-D #22 Crowning Glory

Dear friends, thank you for all your kind and supportive comments about my TADs. As soon as I've got more time I will answer each and every one ... I must say that I'll be quite glad when this challenge is over - only 6 days to go! - as I'm starting to find it quite a drain to think of new things to make!

Today I made a crown out of cardboard, left-over gift wrap, ribbon and glass marbly bits. Now I can understand a 9-year-old girl wanting to wear a crown, or a 19-year-old, and at a loooooooooooong stretch perhaps even a 29-year-old. But should a woman of my age even be thinking of it? And when can I wear it? I've thought about this long and hard and I think I will wear it tomorrow morning while I do the vacuuming ... what do you think?

8 comments:

aimee said...

perhaps you should wear the crown while you're vacuuming! it's darling!

kendalee said...

Every woman, of every age, should have such a stunning crown to wear when she's vacuuming!! Perhaps your TAD tomorrow could be a piece of performance art... crowning glory - the sequel.

I know what you mean about the challenge - I only committed to posting something to do with want every day this month (should be easy, surely?) but I'm starting to run out of oomph & am glad it's only 6 days to go until I can resume normal random transmission. You've done such a brilliantly creative series of TADs so far -it's been a delight. Vasbyt my friend!

Linda Sue said...

What a trooper- i don't think your creativity well will ever run dry! LOVE the crown.I think you should vacuum wearing the crown and an apron...nothing else...and make sure your neighbor takes it in- it could be to your advantage and he would move across town!

Le 'usband said...

For the first time le 'usband is looking forward to the weekly vacuuming! If only La Blogeuse would consider the apron thingy ...

Anairam said...

aimee - I might - or maybe not!

kendalee - Thank you for that assurance, because I am sometimes a little worried about my choices! Yes, I have found the discipline of doing something every day quite daunting. I have ideas for up to Wed this week - but after that, eeeek! I need three more ideas!

lindasue - Oh, you are so funny, my dear! The thought of me in frilly apron sans clothing, with a crown perched on top of my head, merrily vrooming around with my vacuum cleaner, well, the neighbour will probably move to another continent!

L'Usband - Oh, ever hopeful!

Denise Kiggan said...

I hope you did do the vacuum queen thing!!! What beautiful crown!

Anairam said...

freshly found - No, I did not have the courage, alas. The crown looks quite good on, though, I am thinking of wearing it for my birthday later this year!

evencleveland said...

I think everyone should wear a crown while vaccuuming!