Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy #3

Blue skies make me happy.
It has been raining in Cape Town for the last couple of days. I like the rain, and many good things associated with it. But I can't say that rain makes me happy. Especially since the rain brings so many added problems to the informal settlements in and around Cape Town. On the other hand, blue skies, even just a patch of blue, always make me happy. They speak of summer and good times and hope.

(Images above all taken on my Karoo trip. For other participants, see Lisa's blog.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes! hurray for blue skies... today its gloomy grey over here.

Sarah said...

Blue skies make me happy too. Lovely pic.

kendalee said...

yes! I miss blue skies like these so thank you for sharing yours. Seldom seen here but when they do appear, my heart immediately lifts. It's a tiny mood miracle.

lisa said...

there must be a special brilliant south african blue because each of those skies is simply stunning.

LifeIsArt said...

Oh I do love blue sky too. In my part of the world we call them Carolina blue!

My Castle in Spain said...

blissful blue skies...
(sorry to her about these problems caused by rain)
Have a great trip!
:-)

Denise Kiggan said...

Happy Blue. The white contrast of the steeple and the clouds is stunning. I love the windmill! Very karoo-ish!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blue skies - it is grey and wet here again today, so your photos have cheered me up!

nathalie et cetera said...

what a wonderful blue series! Love blue skies too!

aimee said...

i love it all - blue skies, stormy skies, cloudy skies...only thing i can't take is subzero weather, no matter what color the skies are!

i'd love to come to south africa one day to see the gorgeous blues you've shown here!

Candace said...

Blue skies where I grew up is called Carolina Blue... so blue they named sports teams' uniforms that particular colour.
LOL.
Lovely photographs. Thank you for sharing Happy Week with us.
Candace in Athens.