Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy #5

Creative inspiration makes me happy.
I get creative inspiration all over - from other people, nature, objects, books, films and the Internet. But the kind of creative inspiration I absolutely love are the task-based lists/challenges/collaborations, something like Lisa's Happy Week, or the Colour Week a while ago, or Weekword that I participate in once a week or Thing-A-Day that ran in February. They focus my scattered mind and help me to see details and possibilities that would otherwise pass me by.

Another Internet challenge I am busy with at the moment is the This is Home project. And then of course there is the brilliant Keri Smith. I have done three of the projects in her How to Be an Explorer of the World book so far, and every couple of weeks I do a 100 Ideas page. The two mosaics are recent pages from my 100 Ideas journal.

There are so many ways to get inspired - and that makes me a very happy bunny indeed!

10 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

I am so impressed with your creativity! I just went to take a look at you thing-a-day month. You made so many different things! And so clever and lovely!
Can you explain the concept of the 100 ideas page?
Keep the creative juices flowing, you're very inspiring!

Denise Kiggan said...

It is fun being part of a team! You have been so good at taking on these challenges!

Sarah said...

You make some gorgeous things. I am a fan of your blog.

Happy Friday!

Sarah said...

It's true-there are many ways to get inspired. Looking at your blog is one of mine! You have made me think a lot about what materials I use and also put me onto Keri Smith! It is interesting seeing your journal pages.

Linda Sue said...

WOW Ms. A- your creativity snow balls in to an avalanche! So much going on in that brain of yours when do you have time to sleep? I love all of your pages- most impressive and delightful! No time for camping and I must agree- my idea of camping these days is Motel Six.

Anne said...

I wish I wish I wish .... I could draw - especially when I see your wonderful drawings!!!

aimee said...

your interpretations are tops - i make a beeline here for your creative challenges. honestly, i think you should tackle a book of your own...

Lisa said...

Thank you for being such an inspiration and for visiting my blog.

My Castle in Spain said...

i love your bookcase below...delightfully untidy.. i just love the idea of having piles of books on the floor, especially in the bedroom!
forgive my curiosity but i would love to leaf through your journals !
:-)
Have a great creative week end!

Deniz said...

the two mosaic are amazing!
and getting inspired makes me happy too- for a bit more than a year blogs like yours have become a huge inspiration for me!