Monday, September 13, 2010

Face the future

Oh dear, I hope this one is not too depressing. I recently watched a Dutch film called Vroeger is Dood which is based on the book by Inez van Dullemen. It reminded me of this journal page which I made a few months ago. The journal page is a little less dark than the film though, I hope ...
Perhaps I was reminded of the film and journal page today because it is my mom's birthday, She would have been 87.
I guess at some or other stage we all have to face the future.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It's hard but true. I don't know yet how much I really believe that I will get old-I tell myself it and see the evidence but still. Sorry you can't celebrate with your Mum, only by remembering.
Your page is lovely.

Linda Sue said...

Yes, particularly hit by the "no time waits" hammer today- easy to forget when caught up in it, easy to forget that we are terminal, easy to forget that this time we have on earth is more than just a party- it's very dear and special because of the people sharing this existence ...and when we actually bump into each other and recognize- that is the very best!!! So glad you are here now in this time and that we live mere inches from one another. My mom's birthday is just around the corner also- She would have been 88.I miss her every bloody day but she is no longer Juanita, my mom- just like yours' they have gone on to do good works, maybe...

Anonymous said...

Last Friday was the 15th anniversary of my Mum's death ...... but as long as we remember our loved ones, they are still alive in our hearts.

http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk

Leenie said...

The future is there always. But it is really scary to look too far down the road.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mother and thinking of you dear M. There's nothing like a mother's love.

And one's mother is just as beautiful with her wrinkles and all...