Friday, September 10, 2010

New Acquisitions #15

I like articles made of wood. And I like handmade stuff - especially when I can meet the artisan and chat about his or her product. I bought two bread/cheese boards at the Longbeach market a while ago.

























I also bought this small vase made of pear wood. I would use it for a stem of dried grass or seeds or a tiny branch. I love it that he left the knot (bottom left) unworked.



























Happy weekend everyone! Visit a market and buy something handmade!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! You may have noticed that we like wooden things in our house! Have a good weekend!

Sarah said...

I love wooden things too. There is something so warm and comforting about wood. I love the little vase.

Linda Sue said...

Must be something in the air- I went to a consignment shoppe only yesterday and came home with a hand made basket, tapa cloth from Fiji, and a little redwood vase from the Redwood forest. All of it comfortably warm and grounded- earth tones. Then flew into a frenzy of colour with wool- happy balance. Trying to get stuff done for the October sale but do not have nearly enough at this point.Pretty late to start now. Takes so much time to make stuff.

Anonymous said...

I like these wooden spirited things you got...
XOXOrly

MUS said...

wat een prachtig vaasje!