Friday, September 3, 2010

New Acquisitions #14

I have coveted garden furniture from hope for a long time. Their tables, chairs and garden benches are all handmade locally, using timber grown and milled in Knysna. A few weeks ago I bought a square table, just big enough for two people to have lunch, and two scandinavian-style chairs for our patio. I can't wait for summer!


















Happy weekend, everyone! Be outdoors! (We will be going to Baardskeerdersbos to attend the opening of my brother and his wife's new coffeeshop/gallery. Snous will be having her first sleepover as she can't go along. Oh dear, I just know there are going to be tears .... mine!!)

7 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Snous might be OK...I know that Dexter never gets over being left behind- He adds anxiety to his way of being forever more...every time we pack a bag or go to the door to go down and pick up the mail...He is ridiculous!Snous might be a little more secure than Dexter...more grown up...Have a great time!

aimee said...

oh, yes, spring is gearing up where you are, isn't it? here we're still toasty warm, but just starting to catch a break during the early mornings with the chilly snaps. i'm looking forward to autumn, but not winter!

p.s. great table and chairs. definitely acquisition-worthy!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new furniture - we won't be eating at our garden table much longer, as autumn is on its way!! Leave something with Snous that you have worn, so at least your scent will be there if not your presence!

Aris said...

oh summer!!!!! Enjoy every moment! It goes too quickly!! The air here is starting to change and it's nice but I am going to love to visit you in summer when I am in fall gearing up for winter. I feel like you must have felt when you were busy editing.... Ia m too busy to play but I can hear everyone having fun. Reminds me of being a kid and sent to bed early....hearing all of my friends enjoying the evening.
Hope you are having a good weekend.

Jesse said...

Lovely acquisition! Enjoy Baardskeerdersbos - I hope you take photos.... I've been wanting to go there for ages. I'm sure Snous will be fine - and she'll be so happy to see you when you get back, it will make up for any pain caused by the absence.

Alexandra Hedberg said...

Nice "scandinavian style"! Summer is over here, but it was so good this year that I don't mind autumn now. WE spend many hours outdoors today; picking mushrooms.

Nicky Linzey said...

Lovely furniture, hope Snous was ok:) It's horrid leaving them isn't it?
Your salad made my mouth water, just going to have an early lunch now I think!