Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What I bought ...

I always love going to Kalk Bay and coming back with two or three little bits. This time it was:

A sheet of cute wrapping paper called Kimono Girl! (I obviously still have kimonos on the brain.) I'm thinking of cutting them out and making a mobile, or perhaps gift tags ...

Lovely irises at a new shop called Blossom. They have lovely handmade stuff, and I've just discovered now that the owners, Ms Bloomfontein and Ms Bloomers, have a blog - have a look here to see some of their creations!
A weathered wooden frame at Artvark (their website really doesn't do justice to the experience of browsing through six glorious rooms filled with great art and craft - and there is a separate little wine shop as well!)
This beautiful rusted tin at the Kalk Bay Trading Post.
"More stuff," says Le Husband.

5 comments:

bronwyn said...

I've just been catching up on your posts....so many lovely things to see. Your "I love blogging" mobile is wonderful! And so are your photo's of Kalk Bay, you've really captured it well. It's such a nice part of the world, I love The Brass Bell although I haven't been to Cape Town for about three years. Your stash of finds is just fabulous, well chosen, enjoy them!

kendalee said...

I love the wrapping paper, and the rusty tin, and the photoframe, and the gorgeous irises... Oh wait, that's all of it! Good shopping, girl - great stash! I'm sure there's a windowsill or surface somewhere that still has a little space for stuff, le Husband? ;)

evencleveland said...

Great finds - those kimono girls are adorable!

Anairam said...

Bronwyn - Ah, catching up - I have been so busy with proofreading and admin projects this week and last that I've not been able to look at the multitude (about 50!) blogs I look at daily - I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms! Did have a squiz at those gorgeous Gaultier satin ribbony shoes you posted about though! (PS The best way to deal with Cape Town withdrawal symptoms is to visit regularly!)
kendalee - Oh, I am so glad you like them all, because so do I! And I have cleverly manipulated surface areas to find space for everything!
stephanie - I think so too! I was actually thinking to base my Paper Doll Project on one of the Kimono Girls, what do you think?

Unknown said...

I looove the wooden frame, very beautiful!!!