Monday, June 16, 2008

For the love of books

We travelled in to Cape Town to visit the Cape Town Book Fair at the Convention Centre yesterday - oh bliss ....!

The highlight for me was Alexander McCall Smith's talk - what an engaging, charming and extremely witty man! If you haven't read any of his books yet, do yourself a favour, darling. His books are gentle & funny - a perfect antidote to the sometimes harsh and horrible world we have to deal with. My current favourites are the 44 Scotland Street books; but there is a new Ladies No 1 Detective Agency one out - The Miracle at Speedy Motors - I will just have to get it . Soon!

What I did get at the Book Fair was a lovely book of one of my favourite artists - Robert Hodgins. (Images below are from the ArtPrintSA website).
Art and books - oh bliss, bliss, bliss .... !!

No comments: