Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fabric Project - Fisherman Boy and Leopard Boy

Remember my Fabric Project list? Here is the first one - I made two soft toys.
Fisherman Boy - knitted body, arms made of velvet ribbon tubes. He has caught himself a fish. (He was inspired by Amy Tan's Saving Fish from Drowning which, by the way, was excellent.)
Leopard Boy - fabric body, velvet ribbon tube arms. He has caught himself a teeny Big Chief Sitting Bull and is going to devour him in a little while. I should have made him some sharp teeth from felt or something. (Might still do that.)
I am going to make some more but this time I think I will add legs. I really do not want kids to grow up all bitter and twisted and traumatised because the toys I gave them didn't have legs ...

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

this is tempting me - i might make a creature this weekend.

Linda Sue said...

http://clarissacallesen.blogspot.com/
Anairam! My favorite Bellingham artist has a blog I just discovered it! You may enjoy looking at her creations!
Your critters are so much fun, I laughed out loud and then said "awhh". Sillylittle things!

Anonymous said...

Here I am again! I think it is nice they have not legs because there are many peoples with no legs also in Russia. So we must learn not every one is perfekt.
Pst. I put the advertise to find husband on Natashaclub. You can see me there also my friend Katya from Odessa.

kendalee said...

Man, these are CUTE! I could not choose between them although fisherman boy seems a little more gentle so might be easier to live with... And he can bring home dinner. But which one is the better cook?

I like that they don't have legs.

Jesse said...

I like Fisherman Boy!

Elizabeth said...

They're very sweet.

Anairam said...

editor - Oh, succumb to temptation! I would love to see a stuffed creature with some comment about fashion from your creative hands!

linda sue - Many thanks for that link! Fantastic creations - a lot of inspiration for me - I have ideas turning and turning round my head - it's keeping me awake at night!

svetlana - Oh dear, I am quite worried about you! Please think very well before meeting some person through that site! On the other hand, maybe you'll meet a nice South African and we'll end up neighbours and that will be good. We can drink vodka-martinis together...

kendalee - I'm not so sure about the cooking, but I'm guessing Fisherman Boy. (Leopard Boy probably doesn't cook the people before gobbling them up...)

Jesse - I cannot choose between them, really. I like both, but at the moment Fisherman Boy has a Flaw - I cut through a little bit of his knitted body with my scissors. So that makes me prefer Leopard Boy.

enc - I am glad you think so! I want to make a whole army of them!

Le 'usband said...

Aaaarrghh!

Leopard Boy, Fisherman Boy ...

Why did you leave out your Tea Boy bringing a steaming mug?

Anairam said...

Le'Usband - Okay, I'll dedicate one just to you, dear boy!