Friday, April 3, 2009

The Post box

Did the letter go here, perhaps? Number 3 or number 4? Or maybe it is number 34 and they just get a load of post ...

I took this shot, and the ones below, in Observatory, Cape Town.

The cracked pillar ...

This lovely stencilled art was on a metal gate ...

The suburb I live in is nothing like Obs. It is very neat. With no street art. People tend to arrive home from work and disappear into their homes (or fortresses). There are no cracked pillars. Sometimes I wish it had more character. But then, it has a sea view ...

Have a great weekend, wherever you live. Write a letter! (and post it ...)

10 comments:

Linda Sue said...

You are just the one to add character to the burbs! Start a trend! Unless there are laws prohibiting anything out of the ordinary...wouldn't want you to end up in neighbor jail...

My Castle in Spain said...

ditto...
start a trend ! but...hum perhaps your neighbors won't appreciate too much...

Have a great week end too!

and..in answer to your question, re the notebooks, I mount the pages with brass wire.

aimee said...

i love street art - especially the cool stencil you found on that gate. but a sea view is good too!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

luv the last pic...so graphic & the colors!!!

lisa said...

Cape Town sounds amazing to me...like a fairy tale village so far away. thank you for sharing bits and pieces.

kendalee said...

Lovely glimpses of Obs! I know what you mean about suburbs without character but this way you can enjoy the best of both... Obs isn't far to go AND you have the sea view! I like Linda Sue's suggestion of starting a trend... Raise a few eyebrows!

You actually inspired me to write a letter this weekend. And I intend to post it too :)

Khaled KEM said...

Very good eye for observation!!

Our balconies back home in Egypt have pillars but they look nicer.

You always dig deep to find the not so obvious and make it noticeable.

Esti said...

I love street art too... but i would kill for a sea view!!

Sarah said...

I might just do that!

Jesse said...

I love that mural too. There's another sweet one opposite the bottle store that I must get a photo of sometime.

I've given you an award on my blog - pop over to see what it's about....