Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today is a Yellow Day

Linda Sue of All I Ever Wanted is doing a week-long colour photo project (via Lisa of CuriousGirl). I thought I would join them for Yellow Day. (See here if you want to play too.) I took all of these at home and on my trip to Simons Town today.
My new packet of sewing needles for all those outstanding fabric projects ...

Shop sign. Can you guess what it says?

Road markings on Simons Town main street.
Small flower in front of Dido Valley cemetery.

Book bag from a well-known SA bookshop. Do you know who is depicted?

Small yellow sponge for doing the dishes.

Ripe bananas in basket in my kitchen.
Log for proofreading project - on yellow post-its and yellow scrap paper.

Wind-blown flowers at base of lamp post on the way back from Simons Town.

My trusty yellow stapler.

8 comments:

My Castle in Spain said...

we're definitely in need of yellow here...well we had some sunshine this morning but still...

love your stapler !

Linda Sue said...

Well, that is a fair bit of yellow! I tried to get a photo of yellow snow for you but alas, the snow is gone...
I hope that you are inspired creatively - even if it is just to creatively take a nap...
Cheers dearest Anairam!

kendalee said...

What a lovely sunny post! It's been so cold and grey here (and is pitch dark at the moment) so this has really cheered me up.

I see much creativity in evidence so hope the little grey cloud has moved back out to sea and over the horizon? x

Sarah said...

Great yellow shots-especially the flower and lamp post and the importance given to the humble washing up sponge! My brother once gave me a Christmas present with a handmade tag on it on which he had written-'Don't eat the yellow snow'! I thought he was being original but Andy has just informed me that it's from a Frank Zappa song saying 'watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow'

kristin said...

great yellows here! all of them, and such a wide spectrum of shades. beautiful photos :)

Esti said...

staplers are a favourite of mine too ;)
however, I don't think I use yellow very often, I don't know exactly why, but I always grab a different colour before...

Anairam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anairam said...

mcis - I am glad that the yellow brought a little more sunshine to you!

linda sue - Yellow snow?! That sounds a little scary - like yellow dogs and yellow eyes and yellow fever! Thanks so much for your good wishes - this photo project is just the thing for me right now!!

kendalee - I'm so glad my pictures brought a little ray of sunshine! And yes, the grey cloud is slowly (but surely) dispersing!

Sarah - Hahaha! So THAT is why the snow is yellow! (Eeeeek.)

kristin - Thank you so much! (PS I tried to visit you, but your door was shut - or maybe I was at the wrong house, or maybe there is no house?)

esti - I love staplers - they are my favourite way of attaching notes, clippings and business cards to my moleskine diary. But I agree with you - yellow would not really be my first (nor second) choice - le 'Usband bought this one.