Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moody ...

Remember the mood boards I created last year from old frames and chickenwire? Using them has not been conducive to the calm and tranquil mood I want to cultivate. Paperclips got stuck, it was enormously difficult to add something and more times than I care to remember did I snag my fingers painfully on those sharp little wires.
So I decided to re-do them, by removing the chicken wire, painting the frames white ...

... adding some ribbon ...

... to create this ...
... and pinning up the bits and pieces with cute little bamboo clothes pegs ...
A close-up view:
The second mood board is used for one of the hearts and love projects I am working on - I will post about it tomorrow.

11 comments:

evencleveland said...

so adorable!

Linda Sue said...

Good on you! If something had bitten me as much as your mood dream whatever board I would have just tossed it! You are a very patient person and I do love what you have done to that frame. Very clever!

Jesse said...

Great idea!

ELK said...

A ~I am here from kenda's space and wanted to tell you that the mood board redeux is lovely ...ELK

kendalee said...

This looks GREAT! Sorry the chicken wire bit you but this ribbon version is gorgeous. Love all the things pegged to it. Can't wait to see the love one...

your word verification is ardent, and I am... an ardent fan of fra(a)iing's Anairam!

Denise Kiggan said...

Magnificent - a very inspirational board!

Anairam said...

stephanie - I am finding out that it is much more fun making things than buying things!

linda sue - Patient? Hmmmmm, not quite! But I would love to be patient, serene, tranquil, I really would!

jesse - I saw the idea in a coffee shop where they have the menu items pinned up like that!

ELK - Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you like my new pinboard(s)!

Kendalee - Yep, I've decided chicken wire is for, well, chicken farmers. (But I am making something new from those discarded unwanted rectangles! If it turns out okay I'll post it!)

freshly found - I would love to make more - I have so many beautiful bits and pieces and postcards galore that I'd like to display!

Le 'usband said...

Did you spot the portrait of La Blogeuse and Le 'Usband?

Anonymous said...

oh much better than chicken wire.
glad you're the sort who will change/fix something when it's not right.

Anairam said...

Le'Usband - Hey! Who are you calling a donkey???

up and down town - For me the interesting thing is how something that can LOOK so adorable and sweet (the chickenwire board) can turn out to be so nasty and horrible to use!

Ryan said...

You make some awesome things! I esp like this. I have a bunch of old frames I picked up on the side of the road and I think I might do something similar. Thanks for the ideas & inspiration!