Saturday, August 30, 2008

Award Ceremony


Yay!! I have recently received the above two awards, one from Bronwyn of Smoke and Ochre and the other from Kenda Lee of Dance of A Painted Lady. I cannot remember when I last received an award - probably at university, which is yonks and yonks ago. So I am very chuffed! So chuffed that I have decided to hold my own award ceremony. The award will be passed on to my five favourite blogs:
1. Even Cleveland for always having the most interesting finds, and for glimpses into life in cleveland
2. Up and down town for her quirky drawings in an ongoing story about a girl, no longer a girl, living in a city - it is a magical blog, I love it!
3. A bucket full of Heather for life through the eyes of a girl, who is still a girl - I love it for its enthusiasm and she knits and crochets and makes all kinds of lovely stuff!

And yes, I know one is not supposed to give awards back to the people who gave them to you, but to be honest, these two blogs are the ones I make sure I look at every single day -
4. Dance of A Painted Lady especially for her exquisite writing & inspirational posts!
5. Smoke and Ochre for her stunning journal pages which I love, and also the images of her home.

And last, but not least, this special award to Le Husband, who doctored my laptop back to health!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!
i had to look up "chuffed" and have discovered that now i too, thanks to you, am chuffed.
thank you so much. so so much.
thank you!

kendalee said...

Aaaw, how lovely - thank you anairam!!! I feel really honoured by this. Isn't it great how people all around the world can share and inspire and admire one another through this blogging medium? I love it! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you! It took me all by surprise, I'm so CHUFFED!

Anairam said...

up and down town - It was a pleasure! And now you know a new word!
kendalee - Yes, isn't it too cool? What technology enables us to do will never cease to amaze and delight me!

Anairam said...

heather - Well, I am chuffed that you are chuffed!

evencleveland said...

Golly, golly! Your blog is always my first stop for my daily dose of whimsy and magic, so I am very flattered. And congratulations to you- it's well deserved!

xo

stephanie

Bronwyn said...

My hubby's also in IT...so useful for all those home computer problems that would otherwise have me completely helpless:)

Anairam said...

stephanie - Hope you had a great break - so glad to see you are back!
bronwyn - The sad truth is that I have a degree in Computer Science, but when it comes to rebuilding a sick PC, I am hopeless. (Or maybe I'm just lazy?)

Anonymous said...

thank you again for this! i've created a "thank you" list of sorts on up&down town now (sidebar). so glad you're on it!!